We’re giving away some free festive presets in December’s newsletter to say thanks to all our friends for supporting Creative Cabin in 2016. Please fill in the form below to sign up for this and future newsletters. Each month you’ll receive tips, presets or tutorials as well as occaisional special offers for training at Creative Cabin.
By submitting your details, you are indicating your consent to receiving emails from us.
Angie has taught her course on storyboard and animatic production at the Lighthouse in Brighton and at the University of Brighton’s Digital Media MA course. She now teaches this exciting course at Creative Cabin.
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Adobe Story, Adobe Audition, Autodesk Sketchbook Pro
- Learn various drawing techniques with paper, iPad or computer software
- Tips and tricks for using stock imagery
- Creating images with Illustrator
- Capturing and cleaning up images with Photoshop
- Recording voiceovers and music with Apple Garageband and Adobe Audition
- Scriptwriting and editing with Adobe Story
- Pacing a story win Premiere Pro with markers
- Adding basic animation with Premiere Pro
- Adding visual affects and advanced animation with After Effects
Expert Photoshop training in Brighton
All levels of Photoshop training courses are taught by a Photoshop expert. Angie Taylor is a motion graphic designer and illustrator with twenty-five years experience.
Angie was Adobe UK’s senior demo artist. She has several tutorials featured on Adobe TV. Angie has written several books on motion graphic design and is a Linkedin instructor with several video training courses on Lynda.com.
In 2014 Angie moved to the south coast to set up her own private art school – Creative Cabin. Angie’s passion is to provide creative training to designers and artists. Inspiring them with new ideas and techniques.
Photoshop training details
In this Adobe Photoshop training Angie Taylor shows just how easy it can be. You’ll tour the interface, gain an understanding of the workflow, and be introduced to core techniques. Angie will customize the course exactly to fit your needs.
All classes taught at the Creative Cabin are delivered on a one-to-one basis. This means it’s just you and Angie at the desk. You can ask questions whenever you want. Angie will customise the course to fit your own needs.
- Navigating within the workspace
- Bringing old photographs to life
- Understanding different image formats and resolutions
- Working nondestructively
- Correcting badly shot images
- Cloning and using Content aware to fill spaces
- Applying dynamic adjustment layers
- Working with selections and Quick Mask mode
- Retouching portraits
- Nondestructive dodging and burning
- Working with raw images in Camera Raw
- Creating and formatting text
- Drawing and painting with Photoshop
- Saving files correctly for web delivery
- Creating composite images with layers
- Creating new images with the drawing and painting tools
- Using the dodge and burn tools to focus interest or highlight areas of an image
- The clone tool and healing brushes
- Understanding layers and objects
- Making selections
- Adding effects to images
- layer masks and transparency options
- Combining layers with Blending modes
- Retouching photographs
- Fixing images
- Color correction and balancing
- Formatting images for web, print or screens
- Working with text and typography
- Working with the Pen and Pencil tools
- Tweaking, exporting, and saving artwork
- Combining 3D elements in your images
- Automating complex tasks with Actions
Please use the contact page if you’d like more details or to see more advanced course options.
The Creative Cabin is situated to the east of Brighton on the cliff-tops, overlooking the English Channel. It’s a beautiful and inspiring place to learn about your favourite software applications.
There’s free parking and for fun nights out you can catch the bus at the end of the lane. Regular buses take only 20 minutes to Brighton Marina or 25 minutes to the center of Brighton. Night buses back from Brighton run till 3.30 am.
Booking the Cabin
The Cabin is available to rent from February 2014. It can be rented simply as a place to be creative, away from the stresses and strains of life. If you’re interested in booking the cabin or if you’d like training please use the Booking Form.