Traditional 2D character animation can be a laborious and time-consuming process. In this character animator training course I’ll share my essentials tips and techniques for making the processes involved in 2D character animation less painful.
Book now to hold your place at the special introductory price of £249.95 per day.
1-2-1 Character animator training
Learn how to bring your artwork to life with a one-to-one training course at Creative Cabin. You’ll learn how to set up your own artwork for animating in Adobe’s new Character Animator and After Effects. Angie will show how you can apply some of the essential rules of animation to your work to bring it to life and make it more engaging.
Character animator software
There have been many recent developments in software used for 2D character animation. We’ll take a look at some of these including Adobe Character Animator and After Effects add-on Rubberhose.
You’ll definitely come away from this course with a ton of new techniques and inspiration for your own projects. You’ll discover how to compose a scene and a storyboard as well as hundreds of tips and tricks for making compelling and enjoyable character animations.
Character animator training course highlights
In this one-to-one training workshop Angie shares her industry secrets with you. You’ll learn how to import layered files and paths from Illustrator into After Effects and how to animate flat vector artwork in both 2D and 3D space, and you’ll explore options for outputting your animations. Topics covered include:
- Setting up After Effects for creating 2D character animation
- Using input devices to capture motion and apply it to your characters
- Creating animation and lip-syncing with audio files, using expressions and scripting to make the process easier
- Applying grouping techniques and using parenting to create hierarchical animations
- Following the best working practices for outputting your animations for the web, TV, and mobile devices.