You are here:--Placement of External Compositing Tags; On NULL or Object?
Placement of External Compositing Tags; On NULL or Object? 2017-12-09T17:53:01+00:00

Adobe software training Forums Creative Cabin Forums Placement of External Compositing Tags; On NULL or Object?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Angie,
    In the Lynda.com course; Up and Running in Cinema 4D Lite for After Effects;
    In Chapter 12_03 the student/learner sees the External Compositing Tags placed on the object.
    In Chapter 13.CU it is placed on the NULL. Does it matter?
    I’m assuming 13.CU is the correct method and I suppose I could dig a little deeper into understanding the importance of tag placements in the ‘help’ section or just experiment and see what happens…experimenting is fun.
    I wish to use an object/text as a matt for video and love the reflection and bump channels for those possibilities.
    Another approach would be to use NULLs nested in Layers? And another; Object Buffer Multipass, yes?
    As in Ae; multiple methods to achieve similar results?

I need to learn how I can transition a Bump channel (custom vine image) to grow/vine across an object that flowers.
    And; How can I keep the growing vine color separate from the object body? Specialty Tags?

I see you have ‘Premium’ services and will be using it soon.
    I’ve got a lot of work to do, and fun things to learn.
    Thanks for your help.

see image- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CRDFfT2DGea83i6D1FLPavi0vseYixMq/view?usp=sharing

Angie
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,

Good to hear from you 🙂

In the example you show here it doesn’t really matter which the compositing tag is applied to as they have the same position values. However if the object’s origin was different from the Null’s then it would be important to place the compositing tag onto the object with the position that you want to reference.

It would also depend on the purpose of the compositing tag.

In terms of the idea of creating a matte, I’d be tempted to try the Layer method as it’s an easy way of isolating elements in AE. If you can send me another message with a visual example of what you want to do that might help me as I can’t quite understand what it is you want to do in AE?

Cheers,

Angie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.